A large regional hospital was aggressively looking for ways to reduce their printing budget without compromising quality and efficiency.
The Whitlock Solution
Utilizing Whitlock’s online tool a virtual custom catalog was built showcasing all printed items. As part of this solution, Whitlock also implemented the following steps:
Re-order notices are automatically sent when inventory hits pre-determined levels, which mitigates the chance the client will be caught without inventory and gives the client a clear picture of usage.
For most items, PDF proofs have replaced traditional paper proofs, which saves not only costs but also time.
Administrators can have complete control over the order and release process with a multi-tiered approval process, customizable to the client’s needs.
Real-time inventory reports are available 24/7 from any web browser allowing the client to manage their account as their location and time allows.
With these efficiencies created, the client not only met but exceeded their cost-saving goals. Specifically, our approach resulted in the following:
- Whitlock now stores all printed items and picks, packs and ships daily.
- The hospital closed its warehouse and reallocated all warehouse personnel to other positions.
- The hospital reduced its internal printing and has given Whitlock complete access to its electronic forms library.
- Consolidating the forms program and providing real-time inventory reporting reduced obsolescence to an absolute minimum.
And, because Whitlock utilizes the same efficiencies that we provide to the client, this was all done in addition to reducing the overall spend for printing.
- Several additional online programs have been initiated to assist physicians and other professionals with ordering supplies without adding, and in most cases reducing, hospital staff assistance.
Contact Whitlock today!