A transportation company with 300 employees and 43 offices in 37 states did not have a centralized system for printing. Each office ordered business cards, letterhead, envelopes and a variety of forms on their own. Corporate identity for color, content and layout were not standardized.
The Whitlock Solution
- Whitlock’s graphic design department developed a corporate identity standards guideline manual for printing.
- Whitlock’s Data Processing and e-Commerce departments built a custom online website that allowed all employees to order variable data and static items from any computer 24/7.
- Variable data items like business cards, letterhead and envelopes are ordered through an online template. Just fill out the template, view and approve the PDF, select an order quantity and place the order.
A corporate administrator approves all orders before they are finalized. This insures accuracy for both content and quantity.
- The entire process takes less than five minutes with the first order and utilizing the "look-up history" feature takes less than a minute for re-orders.
- Standardization. Corporate standards are adhered to throughout the company.
- Economics of Scale. Pricing is now consistent for all printed products across all offices. Significant cost savings were experienced by ordering in larger quantities.
- Employee hours. Now that design, variable date, pricing and delivery are all pre-determined and done online thousands of employee hours are saved throughout the system annually.
Contact Whitlock today!