A retailer with 4,400 locations in 16 states was slated to run a promotional item campaign for five weeks from Thanksgiving through Christmas. The goal of the campaign was to generate a spike in sales volume during the five week period and establish a buying habit for a new crop of customers for the long-term.
The challenges were many:
- A promotional item had to be selected that would stay fresh for five weeks and entice customers to come back again and again.
- The product had to be packaged in such a way that it became an instant point of sale display and could be easily shipped.
- Since this was a five week program for 4,400 locations, shipping was a major consideration.
The Whitlock Solution
- Whitlock’s design team developed a series of holiday ornaments.
- A different ornament was offered each week with a minimum purchase at a very reasonable price.
- The entire five week promotion was packaged in one master carton. Inside of the master carton were five point of sale displays (one for each week), as well as additional materials to be displayed throughout the store.
- Whitlock's IT team developed a program that determined how many master cartons each location would receive.
- Most locations received between two and five masters and to maintain uniformity, all packages were shipped within two days.
- Whitlock also maintained a supply of master cartons in its warehouse throughout the promotion and shipped same day to stores that were low on inventory.
The campaign was an overwhelming success that ran for five years. Store sales had a clear spike in volume during the promotion.
Since the entire five week program was shipped in one master carton, it eliminated confusion and dramatically reduced shipping costs.
Contact Whitlock today!