A tier one automotive supplier with more than 40 plants across the United States was ordering labels, forms and tags on a plant-by-plant basis. This led to:
- constant out-of-stock problems
- lack of commonality in form design from one location to another
- the financial loss of the consolidated buying advantage
The Whitlock Solution
- Whitlock went on a plant discovery tour, collected all printed materials.
- Consolidated like items and recorded usages.
All locations can now order from the same catalog 24/7 from any computer. The system will also record the pre-loaded SHIP TO and COST CENTER as the order is placed and charge the order to the appropriate credit card.
- Utilizing Whitlock’s online tool we built an custom website and populated it with all items that included a thumbnail (photo of the form) with each part description.
This solution generated some impressive results:
- Cost savings. The company saved 27% in the first year, with a 98.5% on-time delivery record!
- Time savings. The estimated time savings system-wide is two to three hours per week per plant and an additional ten hours per week at the administrative level. That is a savings of 6,000 to 7,000 hours per year.
- Reduced inventory levels. Additionally, now that all items are stored at a central warehouse and shipped as needed, perpetual inventory levels are estimated to have dropped by almost 80%.
Contact Whitlock today!